“Expand yourselves; do not contract into your own tiny individuality. ~ Sri Satha Sai Baba
on September 4, 2014 in People of Inspiration
I was lying in prone position, melting into svasana. It was an indulging moment of bliss at Shakti Fest, a heart expanding yoga festival held every year in Joshua Tree in the Spring (and cousin to the late summer yoga celebration, Bhakti Fest). I was taking a class from one of my beloved teachers, Shiva […]
on August 4, 2014 in Happiness Tools
Yoga is an age old practice that follows the belief that we are all beings of positive energy. This vitality flows through us, within us, and outside of us, connecting us all. Also called chi, this energy may be manipulated in a beneficial way by interweaving a yoga practice with the awareness with our chakras, […]
on July 8, 2014 in Happiness Tools
Yoga is a practice of creating our best self. It is not a religious practice. It is not just a way of exercising, stretching, or getting more fit. It is much, much more. Yoga is the stepping stones that allow us to continually learn what we did not know before, to heal the old hurts, […]
on June 9, 2014 in Happiness Tools
If you feel like your energy is low and your metabolism is slow to burn calories, then you might want to check on your thyroid health. A gland located in the front of the neck area, under the Adam’s apple, this small part to the human body has immense importance. Given the important job of […]
on May 6, 2014 in Happiness Tools
One of the beautiful aspects of yoga is that there are many different forms of the practice. From the discipline of Kundalini that emphasizes the involvement of intense breathing exercises to Bikram that focuses on physical demand in a heated room, each style of yoga has its own sparkle. With so many variations of yoga […]
on April 14, 2014 in Happiness Tools
It seems all of humanity has shared one plight: the aching back. Maybe it was caused by lifting too much. Or maybe the pain was due to sitting in an uncomfortable chair for too long. Whatever the reason that you are suffering from back pain, the truth of the matter is, is that back pain […]
on March 25, 2014 in Happiness Tools
It’s no secret that if your relationship is going to last, it needs some fun. A couple that is able to withstand the hands of time understands the importance of bringing in sensuality, excitement and sexiness into their union. What is one way to bring in some sparkle naturally? Try using Mother Nature’s tools of […]
on February 26, 2014 in Happiness Tools
Wouldn’t it be amazing if there was an exercise out there that would bring vibrancy and good health to the body, increase stability and improve the quality of life? Well, this actually is the case in regards to the practice of Tai Chi and Qigong (pronounced chee-goong). According to a review published in the American […]
Search This Site
Founder, Creator and Happiness Activist
Shanie Matthews is a Vinyasa Flow yoga teacher and positivity warrior. She found in her own life that a dedicated practice of taking responsibility for self, giving back and doing yoga (especially a home practice) gives a person the tools necessary to become his or her true best self. She hopes that My Happy Path helps in the connection to purpose & highest potential.
- Moving Away From Bulimia and the Evil Dance of Binge and Purge November 10, 2010
- How to Run Your Energy and Stay Calm February 23, 2011
- My Daily Commitment to Yoga December 14, 2009
- Wanderlust Expanding Heart and Mind August 3, 2011
- Skiing Happiness with Women’s Freeskiing Camp at Squaw Valley, CA with Pro Freeskiers Ingrid Backstrom and Jessica Sobolowski December 9, 2009
- Inspirational Quote: Expand Your Life September 10, 2014
- Creating Purpose and Happiness Through the Flute September 4, 2014
- Joy through Yoga and the Chakras August 4, 2014
- How Yoga Helps Us Create Our Dream Life July 8, 2014
- Natural Ways to Heal Thyroid Problems June 9, 2014
- Creating Purpose and Happiness Through the Flute | My Happy Path: […] late summer yoga celebration, Bhakti Fes...
- Creating Purpose and Happiness Through the Flute | My Happy Path: […] held every year in Joshua Tree in the Sp...
- Joy through Yoga and the Chakras | My Happy Path: […] a yoga practice with the awareness with ...
- What is Anusara Yoga? | My Happy Path: […] Inspiring Photos […]...
- krisshan kant sundriyal: It is for all those who had been suffering from ba...